Total Pageviews

4 Jan 2009

The Eltonites' Day has the honour to welcome one of the greatest russian eltonites, Ladies & Gentlemen, Nataliaej!!!!!!

Well, Eltonites, first of all I would like to wish you a very happy 2009 all of you. In Russian's flag, the white color symbolizes generosity and frankness; blue: loyalty, honesty, wisdom; red: courage, magnanimity, love. That's what russians are for Elton. Since the beginning, in 1979, until nowadays. So I thought to bring one of them, to chat a little about Elton. Hello Nataliaej, thank you very much for the aceptation, I am happy for that

Could you tell us, please, who are you and where are you from?

Natalia from Moscow. Russia.

Right. When did you became an Eltonite? Remember the first time you heard Elton's music and what moves you to buy his music?

I have started to interest in Elton's music in 1995 when I have seen Lion King (11 years old). My parents have divorced during this period. Elton became for me the second father.

Oh, I see... What it was like seeing Elton for the first time and how many concerts have you been? And also, could you tell us if you ever have been in touch with him? Have ever exchanged words with him?

I've been in 14 concerts. First time, solo in MSC 2003. No, I'm not talk with him. But with my friends met him at hotel. Gave flowers.

You could see that in the following sites, lol!!!

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=-RMEC3wlYbU&feature=channel_page
http://www.ejfc.ru/photos/russia/russia.htm

Cool!!! And... how it was the success of Elton John in your country? Which references had russians about Elton, specially after the 1979 gigs? Was there a regular market of western pop music? And are there so many eltonites now?

Elton in Russia is popular. But it is not a lot of active fans. Basically it is youth on the Internet.

Had Elton's record company published some compilations in your country, over the years, particularly different from other countries? If so, which were the name of the compilations and the tracks in?

After 1979 Record Company Melodia has published Single Man. Melodia has translated into Russian all songs. It was very funny.

Oh, what do you think about recent news of Elton going to studio again for a 2009 album? What type of album would you expect? And the record's company release of more DeLuxe editions, without forgetting an special box of Elton's duets and rock numbers, and so on?

I love Captain and the Kid. I wanna that Elton will write down something similar.

And what do you think about Gus Dudgeon, the producer? He was one of best producers Elton worked with? An other producers... which do you like most and what do you think about Elton self-producing? And what could we expect from the new producing team Mark Ronson - Elton John?

Gus was the best Elton's producer. We will see what will make Mark Ronson. I do not wish to guess.

Finally, could you tell me your five favourite Elton John's songs in running order, for my AllSongsList, please?

Someone Saved My Life Tonight
Harmony
Saturday Night's Alright
Blessed
The one

And more...

Thank you. Would you want to add some observation or suggestion, or something you want to say to other eltonites?

Be Happy! More Elton in our lives.

Well, thank you very much Nataliaej. It was fun doing this interview with you. Be happy you too. Take care

No comments: