Total Pageviews

26 Apr 2009

Elton Tourin' Illinois: The Statistics

Elton John has done 50 concerts live in Illinois State while on Tour.

He has been in Chicago (37 times), Moline (3), Carbondale (2) and 1 time in Champagne, Hoffman States, Normal, Peoria, Rockford, Rosemont, Springfield and Urbana.

The Elton's favourite place is Poplar Creek Music Theatre, Chicago (7), Allstate Arena, Chicago (6), Auditorium Theatre, Chicago (5), Chicago Stadium, Chicago (5), Arie Crown Theatre, Chicago (4), Amphitheatre, Chicago (2), Poplar Creek Music Center, Chicago (2), Rosemont Horizon, Chicago (2), The Mark of the Quad Cities Arena, Moline (2), United Center, Chicago (2), University of Illinois Assembly Hall, Champagne (2), Urbana (1), Allstate Arena, Rosemont (1), Arena, Chicago (1), Arena, Springfield (1), Civic Center Arena, Peoria (1), I Wireless Center, Moline (1), Illinois State University, Normal (1), Metro Center, Rockford(1), New World Theatre, Tinley Park Chicago (1), SIU Arena, Carbondale (1) and Southern University, Carbondale (1).

First time he played in Illinois State was on April 1971 with Dee Murray and Nigel Olsson as a band (4 concerts), it was the "Spring 1971 Tour" (4). Then, it came "Honky Chateau Tour" (4), "Yellow Brick Road Tour" (2), "Caribou Tour" (2), "Louder Than Concorde Tour" (3), "A Single Man Tour: Back In The USSA" With Ray Cooper (2) in 1979; "21 At 33 Tour" (3), the "Jump Up! Tour" (2), "The Breaking Hearts Tour" (1), "The 1985/86 World Tour" (1), "Reg Strikes Back Tour" (2), "The 1989-90 World Tour" (2), "The One Tour" (2), "Made In England Tour" (2), "The Big Picture Tour" (3), "An Evening With Elton John"(2), "The Medusa Tour" in 1999 (4), "Face To Face With Billy Joel" (6 along 2001-2003), "Peachtree Road Tour" (1) and "Rocket Man Tour" (1); also it was the 2003 - Clinical Oncology Benefit Concert and the 2005 - 50th Celebration of the Golden Arches (90' show echoed by 4200 McDonalds' employees, friends and suppliers).

The largest set list was "Face To Face Tour" with Billy Joel with 38 songs in the set, played by both artists, and the shortest in 1970, while promoting "Spring 1971 Tour" album, with only 18 songs on the set list.

He has played 158 different songs in Illinois State on Tour.

The song most played is Your Song (with 46 times).

Then it comes: Rocket Man (43), Bennie and the jets (37), Saturday night's alright (36), Daniel (33), Don't let the sun go down on me (33), Funeral for a friend (31), Philadelphia freedom (30), Love lies bleeding (29), Crocodile rock (28), Tiny dancer (28), Take me to the pilot (27), The bitch is back (26).

Follows: I guess that's why they call it the blues (25), Levon (23), Goodbye yellow brick road (22), Candle in the wind (21), Honky cat (21), Mona lisas and mad hatters (21), Someone saved my life tonight (20), Burn down the mission (17), Sorry seems to be the hardest word (17), I'm still standing (16), All the girls love Alice (14), Border song (14), I don't wanna go on with you like that (13), The one (13), Blue eyes (12), Sad songs (say so much) (12), Better off dead (11), Tonight (10).

And the rest: Harmony, Hercules, Sacrifice, Ticking, Elton's song, Great balls of fire, Pinball wizard, Skyline pigeon, The last song, Whole lotta shakin', Can I put you on, Carla / Etude, Circle of life, Country comfort, Have mercy on the criminal, Madman across the water, Simple life, Sixty years on, The greatest discovery, Empty garden, Holiday Inn, Just the way you are, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, Mona lisas and mad hatters part two, My life, Piano man, You may be right, Ego, Friends, Grey seal, Honky tonk women, Island girl, Talking old soldiers, The king must die, Believe, Can you feel the love tonight, Come down in time, I saw her standing there, I want love, Love song, Recover your soul, Suzie (Dramas), Sweet painted lady, Teacher I need you, Twist and shout, Where to now St. Peter?, A hard day's night, Amoreena, Bite your lip, get up and dance, Captain Fantastic & Brown Dirt Cowboy, Don't go breaking my heart, Empty Sky, Get back, Grow some funk of your own, I think I'm going to kill myself, Imagine, Little Jeannie, Made In England, My baby left me, Nikita, Rock me when he's gone, Roy Rogers, Sartorial eloquence, Something about the way you look tonight, Tell me when the whistle blows, The honey roll, The wasteland, Uptown girl, We all fall in love sometimes / Curtains, White lady white powder, A word in spanish, Ball and chain, Brown sugar, Chloe, Crazy water, Dear John, Dixie Lily, Elderberry wine, Goodbye Marlon Brando, Grimsby, Healing hands, He'll have to go, High-flying bird, House, I fell like a bullet, I heard it through the grapevine, I need you to turn to, Idol, Mama can't buy you love, Pain, Part time love, Restless, Sleeping with the past, Song for Guy, Stone's throw from hurtin', The Ballad of Danny Bailey (1909-34), The show must go on, When a woman doesn't want you, Where have all the good times gone, Whitewash county, Written In The Stars, You're so static, All that I'm allowed (I'm thankful), Answer in the sky, Ballad of the boy in the red shoes, Blessed, , Freaks in love, I only want to be with you, If the river can bend, I'm going to be a teenage idol, Kiss the bride, Li'l'Fridgerator, Love's got a lot to answer for, My elusive drug, One horse town, One more arrow, Original sin, Paris, Porch swing in Tupelo, Sand and water, Song for you, The bridge, They call her the cat, This town, Too low for zero, Turn the ligths out when you leave, Weight of the world, Who Wears These Shoes ?.

Also: Back In The USSA (excerpt), It's your thing (excerpt), In the mood (excerpt), Oh Susannah! (snippet), Singin' in the rain (excerpt) and Close encounters theme (excerpt). Other artists played their songs in Elton's set list, as Kiki Dee with "I've got the music in me" (8) in 1976 and Nigel Olsson in 1980 ("All I want is you" and "Saturday night", 1).

No comments: