Total Pageviews

16 Jan 2010

The Eltonite's Day with... KafrynAnne!!!

Hello Eltonites! Welcome to the 26 year of Allsongslist. I would love to celebrate that with a great eltonite on my side. You could read her thoughts and comments, specially, on the Elton John Forum. And she's a dearest person. Ladies and gentlemen, please get up to receive the one and only: KafrynAnne!!!

But first… Could you tell us, more, who are you and where are you from?


My name is Samantha Minns and I am from Sydney Australia

Thank you! And when you became an Eltonite? Remember the first time you heard Elton’s music and what moves you to buy his music?

The first time I heard Elton's music was on the radio in the car and the song just made such an impact on me I needed to hear more

Great!!! What was it like seeing Elton for the first time and how many concerts have you been at? And also, could you tell us if you have ever been in touch with him, got a signed autograph or even, spoken with him or with other members of his band?

I have only been to one of Elton's concerts (the Sydney Entertainment Centre) and seeing Elton up on the stage is a moment I will never forget. The lights the music and of course Elton in his stage costume all just made me a very happy!

For sure!!! And which songs do you think Elton should add to his current set list, and what would it be life if Elton suddenly played a song that he has never played before? And your favorite live songs to be in? And, for you, which member of the band is (or was) irreplaceable? Miss someone, now?

I LOVE the songs 'Mona Lisas and Mad hatters' and 'Levon' I really wish Elton would play more often is 'Empty Garden'and for me my favourite member of the Elton John band (excluding Elton) is the drummer Nigel Olsson

Ok! How it was, and still is, the success of Elton in your country? Which have been his hits in sales terms? And which are australian’s favorite Elton's albums or songs? And could you still hear Elton's music in the radio, nowadays?

Elton is still very popular is Australia as he was years and years ago and it seems that Australian's have favourite albums such 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' and of course 'Live in Australia 1986'.

The radio mainly only plays his greatest hits

Precisely, as you know, this is the Week OF 1986. Which are your feelings about “Leather Jackets” album? In Australia it was a number one record but worlwide was disastrous in sales terms.

I never really liked the 'Leather Jackets' album as much as other albums and I am not sure how it got to number one in Australia... but I do remember buying two copies

What do you think about news of Elton going to studio again for a 2009 album? What type of album would you expect? And the record's company release of more DeLuxe editions, without forgetting an special box of Elton's duets and rock numbers, and so on?

I think it is great that Elton is recording a new album and I think it would be surprising to see what kind of album it will be but I hope it will be really succesful

Right! Which is your Elton’s item that you really appreciate, for being hard to get or for the happiness you’ve got to have it?

It would probably have to be my Elton John tour shirt I got at my first (and only) concert that went to as a teenager that shirt was just made that day (well year as I almost never took it off!)... I still wear the shirt even now and luckily it still fits after all these years!

Finally, could you tell me your five favourite Elton John’s songs in running order, for my AllSongsList, please?

Tinderbox, Crocodile Rock, Monalisa's and Madhatters, This Train Don't Stop There Anymore, Can you feel the love tonight

Thanks a bunch, Samantha. Really a pleasure to chat with you again. I get funny doing this interview with you, it was an enjoyable and worth experience.Thank you. Take care.

Thanks!

No comments: