Total Pageviews

22 May 2010

The Eltonite's Day With... Ben Tišik!!!!!

Hello Eltonites!! Today we have a very special guest on the Eltonite's Day. Someone who plays keyboards and guitar, loves music. He's a true eltonite, one of those you love to chat with. His knowledge about Elton is so wide, and he's a great person. Ladies and gentlemen, on AllSongsList, the incredible: Ben Tišik!!!! Welcome, Ben, thanks for sharing your time with us!!!

But first... Could you tell us, please, who are you and where are you from?

My name is Ben Tišik. Coming from the Czech Republic. My father, Nathaniel is the head nurse and my mom Chiara is a italian nurse , my Uncle Robert Eduard Vecchio is a storyteller and poet. We are a large family. We live in a small village near the woods. We are Eltonites! All!

Hahahaha fantastic, a family Elton, that's good!!! When did you became an Eltonite? Remember the first time you heard Elton's music and what moves you to buy his music?

I listen to Elton whole life. Thirteen years! From my birth! One of my biological father said that the first words I said were the names of members of Elton John band. My first CD of Elton was "The Big Picture". I love it.

Great!! What was it like seeing Elton for the first time and how many concerts have you been? And also, could you tell us if you ever have been in touch with him, get a signed autograph or even, speak with him or with other member of his band?

I visited five concerts of Elton. It was fantastic, amazing! I have not spoken of the band members. I had the courage. But now I have it.

Elton's music is for me a big dream come true! He is the true king of music for me!

Yes, for me too!!! And if an extraterrestrial come someday on earth, and wanted to learn something about Elton... What do you would explain him about Elton? And which were the unforgettable songs you let him to listen, to make him an opinion?

Me like he said: "This is the best and largest real king of music! He is very wise and heartfelt. He makes music with the heart." And then we listened to together completely all the songs of Elton. I began to track "The Last Song". Because I prefer this song and I love it.

Good!! What would you do if you meet Elton sometime? What would you talk about and which question would you like to ask him?

It's hard to choose one question. But very often I think about this question: "Can I have a concert at one sitting next to you at the piano and listen to there?" Do not ask why. It's complicated. It is hard to describe.

Great, but... how was the success of Elton John in your country? Which references had czechians about Elton, specially in the 70s and 80s? Was there a regular market of western pop music? And are there so many eltonites now?

It's complicated. All concerts in Prague had great success. Czechs love Elton. But today the Czech nation is unaffected bad things from the communist government politicians. I can not remember it. I'm too young. But the adults talking about it a lot. This is what it would be better to ask someone older. But the communists banned the orientation of gays and lesbians, the disabled had to be in institutions, so that no one could see on the street. So I said grandpa. Today the situation is better. I think. This is very difficult. I just know that in the Czech Republic has very much Elton fans. Only the older generation is sometimes seen a little cold, because they believed the Communists.

And any czechian compilation or recording on Elton to remark?

Oh yeah! Our singer sang Czech Jitka Zelenkova "Circle Of Life" for the Czech version of The Lion King. O do not know anything else. But this version is amazing.

Nice!! Which is your Elton´s item that you really appreciate, for being hard to get or for the happiness you´ve got to have it?

I do not know! I love everything associated with it. , and everywhere! whatever it is!

Well, you know that's the Week Of Ben Babylon. We eltonites really appreciate him. Which would be your advice to him, about music, about life?

Continue in what you do! Write music! Because your music is wonderful, great, fantastic! We love it! I would have told him. He is a amazing man! Wonderful musician! I can never find the right words when I talk about him. But thank God for that, Ben know.

Thank you. Apart from music, which are your interests? What you like to do with your off time?

I ride my horse, I'm learning languages, trying to write poetry, I love walking in the woods.

And finally, could you tell me your five favorite Elton's songs in running order, for my AllSongsList?

The Last Song, Candle In The Wind, Rocket Man, Please, The One

Thank you. Would you want to add some observation or suggestion, or something you want to say to other eltonites?

Yes. Eltonites are one big family.

Yes, we are!!! Thanks a bunch, Ben. Really a pleasure to chat with you. I get funny doing this interview with you, it was an enjoyable and worth experience. Thank you very much. Take care.

No comments: